Center for the Investigation of Environmental Hazards Research Working Groups
The Research Working Groups of NYU Langone’s Center for the Investigation of Environmental Hazards, or NYU CIEH, advance goals and collaborations across disciplines.
Observational and basic science research performed by our investigators feeds into the Research Working Groups, which serve as the impetus for novel projects to be developed by our center. Our facility cores and components support ideas and pilot projects generated from regular meetings of the Research Working Groups.
Research Working Groups Leadership
Our Research Working Groups are guided by the following experts:
- Cardiopulmonary Research Working Group, led by Terry Gordon, PhD
- Endocrine and Renal Research Working Group, led by Howard Trachtman, MD
- Neurobiology Research Working Group, led by Clancy Blair, PhD, MPH
- Perinatal and Reproduction Research Working Group, led by Leonardo Trasande, MD, MPP
Research Working Groups Meetings
The following are discussion topics covered in the latest Research Working Groups meetings:
- Practical Aspects of Multiomics Analysis: Fundamentals on How Omics Are Assessed and How to Manage Samples for Omics Analysis
- Baby Brain and Early Development Study (BEES)—Review of Proposed Aims
- Adipose Tissue Biobanking Efforts in the Laboratory of Translational Obesity Research
- Emergency Department–Based Biomonitoring for the Identification of Environmental Hazards
- Environmental Chemical Exposures and Chronic Kidney Disease in Children and Adolescents
- Gowanus Canal Aquatic Robot Water Quality Monitoring
- Gowanus Canal Evaluation of Street Level Flooding
- Toxic Metal–Altered Extracellular Vesicles Potentiate Carcinogenesis and Tumorigenesis: Review of Grant Proposal
- Integrated Transcriptional and Epigenomic Modeling of Xenobiotic-Activated Gene Regulatory Networks
- Research on Extracellular Vesicles and Carcinogenesis
- Ubiquitin-Mediated Transactions in the DNA Replication Stress Response
- Persistent Organic Pollutants Exposure in Newborn Dried Blood Spots and Infant Weight Status
If you have questions or are interested in joining a Research Working Group, please contact Sandra Gualtero Bolanos, CIEH program coordinator, at email@example.com.