sIRB Alliance at NYU School of Medicine Final Standardized Best Practices
Informed by the results of our survey, the sIRB Alliance at NYU School of Medicine invited individuals from Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA)- and non-CTSA institutions to address relevant local context issues in a series of working group teleconferences. The working groups characterized a range of acceptable practices that may be considered for adoption as best practices in several areas.
Over 100 sites participated and the final documents and processes can be found below. We encourage sIRBs and research teams to begin using these standardized best practices when submitting to sIRBs reviewing National Institutes of Health–funded research. Please let us know what you think by contacting us at sIRBalliance@nyulangone.org.
- Addendum to SMART IRB Agreement
- Ancillary Review Committees
- Data Safety Monitoring Plan Charter
- Recruitment Materials
- Reportable New Information
- Research Participant Informed Consent Form
- Research Participant Non-Biomedical Informed Consent Form
- Review of Financial Conflicts of Interest
- Study Team Training and Qualifications
- Vulnerable Populations