FACSAria IIu SORP
The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can assist you in using a FACSAria™ IIu SORP cell sorter. Reserve this cell sorter using iLab.
FACSAria IIu SORP Location
NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
462 First Avenue
C&D Building, Room CD645
FACSAria IIu SORP Optics
5 lasers and 17 colors (see configuration)
FACSAria IIu SORP Biosafety Level
- BSL-2 (unscreened human material or infectious material)
- mandatory advance notice for setup and decontamination of infectious sorts
- BSL-2 standard operating procedure
FACSAria IIu SORP Pricing
- $144 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $155 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $206 per hour: external academic users
- $258 per hour: external industry users
FACSAria IIu SORP Sample Preparation
- Acceptable sample tubes are polypropylene 12 × 75 mm tubes, 15-mL tubes, bullet tubes, or 1.5-mL microcentrifuge tubes.
- Concentration should be 10–20 × 106 cells/mL (allows for ideal pressure and best use of time).
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
FACSAria IIu SORP Sample Collection
Collection tubes should be coated with appropriate media, such as FBS:
- 4 5-mL (12 × 75 mm) tubes
- 2 15-mL tubes
- 4 1.5-mL centrifuge tubes
- well plates (up to 384 wells)
- 4 “bullet” tubes (1-mL tubes)
- 4 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tubes
- slides and cover slips
FACSAria IIu SORP Nozzle Options
- This nozzle can sort 9 × 107 total cells per hour; collection volume is ~106 cells in 1 mL.
- It requires higher pressure (70 psi) and is not ideal for larger or fragile cells.
- This nozzle can sort 5.4 × 107 cells per hour; collection volume is ~4 × 105 cells in 1 mL.
- It is best for large or delicate cells because it uses lower pressure (20 psi).
- Examples include stem cells, fibroblasts, neurons, and larger cancer cells.
- Thirty minutes’ extra setup time is required.
Aria II (5 laser, 18 parameters)
Aria II Filter Setup