FACSAria IIu SORP
The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can assist you in using a FACSAria IIu SORP cell sorter. Reserve this cell sorter using iLab (Kerberos ID and password required).
FACSAria IIu SORP Location
540 First Avenue
3rd Floor, Lab 10
FACSAria IIu SORP Optics
5 lasers and 17 colors (see configuration)
FACSAria IIu SORP Biosafety Level
- BSL-2 (unscreened human material or infectious material)
- mandatory advance notice for setup and decontamination of infectious sorts
- BSL-2 standard operating procedure
FACSAria IIu SORP Pricing
- $144 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $155 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $206 per hour: external academic users
- $258 per hour: external industry users
FACSAria IIu SORP Sample Preparation
- Acceptable sample tubes are polypropylene 12 × 75 mm tubes, 15-mL tubes, bullet tubes, or 1.5-mL microcentrifuge tubes.
- Concentration should be 10–20 × 106 cells/mL (allows for ideal pressure and best use of time).
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
FACSAria IIu SORP Sample Collection
Collection tubes should be coated with appropriate media, such as FBS:
- 4 5-mL (12 × 75 mm) tubes
- 2 15-mL tubes
- 4 1.5-mL centrifuge tubes
- well plates (up to 384 wells)
- 4 “bullet” tubes (1-mL tubes)
- 4 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tubes
- slides and cover slips
FACSAria IIu SORP Nozzle Options
- This nozzle can sort 9 × 107 total cells per hour; collection volume is ~106 cells in 1 mL.
- It requires higher pressure (70 psi) and is not ideal for larger or fragile cells.
- This nozzle can sort 5.4 × 107 cells per hour; collection volume is ~4 × 105 cells in 1 mL.
- It is best for large or delicate cells because it uses lower pressure (20 psi).
- Examples include stem cells, fibroblasts, neurons, and larger cancer cells.
- Thirty minutes’ extra setup time is required.
Review the configuration of the FACSAria IIu SORP below, or access a printable document.
Aria II (5 laser, 18 parameters)
Aria II Filter Setup