The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory provides researchers with access to a FACSCalibur™ cell analyzer with CellQuest™ Pro software.
Reserve these instruments using iLab.
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
540 First Avenue, 3rd Floor, Lab 9
2 lasers and 4 colors (see configuration)
FACSCalibur Biosafety Level
- BSL-1 work only
- nonhuman; or fixed human cells and cell lines
- $27 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $28 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $50 per hour: external academic users
- $75 per hour: external industry users
Assistance and Training
- $140 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $150 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $200 per hour: external academic users
- $250 per hour: external industry users
FACSCalibur Sample Preparation
- Use only 12 × 75 mm polystyrene sample tubes (polypropylene are not compatible).
- Concentration should be 1–5 × 106 cells/mL in at least 250 mL.
- Filter large or sticky cells.