The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can assist you in using a MoFlo™ XDP cell sorter. Reserve this instrument using iLab.
MoFlo XDP Location
540 First Avenue
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
3rd Floor, Lab 9
MoFlo XDP Optics
4 lasers and 11 colors (see configuration)
MoFlo XDP Biosafety Level
- BSL-2 (unscreened human material or infectious material)
- mandatory advance notice for setup and decontamination for infectious sorts
- BSL-2 standard operating procedure
MoFlo XDP Pricing
- $144 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $155 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $206 per hour: external academic users
- $258 per hour: external industry users
MoFlo XDP Sample Preparation
- Use only 12 × 75 mm sample tubes (polypropylene is recommended).
- Concentration should be 10–20 × 106 cells/mL (allows for ideal pressure and best use of time).
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
MoFlo XDP Sample Collection
Collection tubes should be coated with appropriate media (such as fetal bovine serum, or FBS):
- 4 5-mL (12 × 75 mm) tubes
- 4 1.5-mL microcentrifuge tubes
- slides and cover slips
- well plates (up to 384 wells each)
MoFlo XDP Nozzle Options
- This nozzle can sort 8.8 × 107 total cells per hour; collection volume is ~106 cells in 1 mL.
- It requires higher pressure (60 psi) and is not ideal for larger or fragile cells.
- This nozzle can sort 4.5 × 107 cells per hour; collection volume is ~4 × 105 cells in 1 mL.
- It is best for large or delicate cells because it uses lower pressure (30 psi).
- Examples include stem cells, fibroblasts, neurons, and larger cancer cells.
- It requires 30 minutes’ extra setup time.