High Throughput Biology Laboratory
NYU Langone’s High Throughput Biology Laboratory is a shared resource dedicated to aiding researchers in the innovative development, optimization, screening, and imaging of mid- and high throughput assays.
We support researchers by providing high throughput and high content screening services and equipment. These include the latest in automated liquid handling, imaging technologies, and multimode plate readers. In addition, we deliver logistical, technical, and bioinformatics support in the performance and interpretation of your experiments.
Our services include the following:
- whole genome and custom small interfering RNA (siRNA) and microRNA (miRNA) human and mouse libraries
- automated liquid dispensing starting at 0.1 µl and microplate washing
- robotic plate replication, reformatting, and media transfers
- multimode plate readers (luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance, AlphaScreen®, infrared)
- assay development, screening, data analysis, and visualization support
- automated tissue and cellular imaging
- digital image analysis (such as viability, colony count, colocalization, and neurite outgrowth)
- plate preparation for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and screening of small molecules, biologics, and other assays
- training for independent equipment usage or supported and full service assay development and screening
The High Throughput Biology Laboratory is committed to providing comprehensive and cost-effective services to the entire academic community and to facilitating collaboration among researchers at NYU Langone and elsewhere.
Congratulations to Marion Failler, a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Brian Dynlacht, PhD, on winning the SLAS 2018 Tony B. Academic Travel Award to present the results of her latest screening project performed at our High Throughput Biology Laboratory.
Cell Imaging and Analysis Open Lab
March 13–14, 10:00AM–5:00PM
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, 3rd Floor, Lab 7
Join us for a free EVOS and High-Content Analysis Instrument event and schedule an appointment to bring your sample or image for analysis. Please register at the Thermo Fisher Scientific website.
iLab Is Now Available
To initiate a project, order reagents, or reserve equipment, all users must be registered in iLab. We have provided iLab login instructions for NYU Langone, NYU, NYU College of Dentistry, and external users.
Our facility is located in the Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine in Manhattan, at 540 First Avenue. We occupy lab 7 on the third floor.
How to Acknowledge the High Throughput Biology Laboratory
The High Throughput Biology Laboratory is partially funded by the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center support grant, Helen L. and Martin S. Kimmel Center for Stem Cell Biology, and New York State Stem Cell Science (NYSTEM).
Please acknowledge Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center support grant, National Institutes of Health–National Cancer Institute Grant P30CA16087, and NYSTEM contract C026719 on any publication resulting from the use of the laboratory.
Additionally, all publications resulting from the use of this facility are required to abide by the National Institutes of Health Public Access Policy and be deposited in PubMed Central within a year of publication.
Before beginning any project with the High Throughput Biology Laboratory, please sign our acknowledgment policy form indicating that you have read and understand our acknowledgment policy. This form can also be accessed through iLab.