University Education and Research Center (ERC)
The ERBI Program is part of the New York / New Jersey University Education and Research Center (ERC), Region II of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). These centers serve as regional resources for all those involved with occupational health and safety, including industry, labor, government, academics and the general public.
The Graduate Program of Ergonomic and Biomechanics (ERBI), Department of Environmental Health Sciences (EHS), Graduate School of Arts and Science (GSAS), of New York University is a member of the NY/NJ ERC. The NY/NJ ERC consists of these five universities and NYU contributes the ergonomic and biomechanic components of this multidisciplinary resource center. The ERBI program offers Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. The program focuses on theory, application and research of musculoskeletal ergonomics and occupational biomechanics.
Several advantages to our students through our participation in the ERC include:
- Partial funding for MS and PhD students – tuition award
- Participation in multidisciplinary course discussions and site visits
- Exposure to faculty and students at institutions of occupational safety and health
- Annual educational bus tour of varied industries and worksites
- Opportunities for pilot project funding
For more information contact:
Ali Sheikhzadeh, PhD: 212-652-1934