Information for CME Course Directors & Speakers
Planning and receiving accreditation for a continuing medical education (CME) course requires extensive preparation. Below are the key dates for submitting materials to our CME office.
|March–May 2019||June 30, 2018|
|June–August 2019||September 30, 2018|
|September–November 2019||December 30, 2018|
When you contact our office to plan a CME event, we offer you two options for paying for the course.
In the first plan, the CME office assumes all financial risk, earns all potential revenue, and absorbs any loss from the course. In return, you agree to follow certain guidelines that are outlined in our course pricing document.
In the second plan, your department assumes the financial risk and potential revenue from the event. If you choose this option, our office charges a fee of 20 percent of revenue with a minimum of $7,500.
Documents for Course Directors and Speakers
The following documents will help you plan an effective CME course:
- How to Run a Live CME Activity
- How to Plan a Department-Managed CME Activity
- How to Write an Effective Educational Objective
These documents will help you work in our course-creation system:
- How to Complete and Submit a Live CME Activity Application
- How to Complete a Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) Application
- How to Create a Live CME Activity Session/Agenda
- How to Complete a RSS Session
- How to Submit a CME Disclosure
- How to Review and Approve a CME Budget
- How to View a List of CME Course Registrants
- How to View CME Activity Financials
- How to View a Final CME Roster
- How to Claim CME Credits and Pull a Transcript
Documents for Speakers
The following documents will help meet the speaker requirements for a CME course:
- How to RSVP and Submit a Disclosure
- How to Complete Your Speaker Requirements
- Complete Forms, Upload Documents, Submit Presentation
- How to Claim Credits and Pull a Transcript
- How to Submit Documentation for Travel Reimbursement
To plan a CME course or ask about pricing options, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-263-5295. Our fax number is 212-263-5293.