Computational Biomedicine PhD Training Program
The Computational Biomedicine PhD Training Program offered by NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Vilcek Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences provides training in medical informatics and bioinformatics. We train doctoral candidates in the design and implementation of rigorous and high-impact methods for capturing, storing, and retrieving clinical- and population-level data for translational and clinical medicine.
We focus on the following areas:
- big data analytics
- clinical informatics
- human genomics and multiomics
- machine learning and artificial intelligence
- medical imaging analysis
- modeling electronic health records (EHR)
- natural language processing
- synthetic biology
- systems genetics
PhD candidates work with our renowned faculty and have access to many resources, including the following:
- a high-performance computing facility
- high-throughput assay informatics services, which include next-generation sequencing and proteomics
For more information about the computational biomedicine (CBM) program, email David Fenyö, PhD, program director, at David.Fenyo@NYULangone.org, or Kelly Ruggles, PhD, graduate advisor, at Kelly.Ruggles@NYULangone.org.
For more information about graduate programs at the Vilcek Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, email Vilcek-Info@NYULangone.org.