DataCore is a resource launched by NYU Langone, based in the Information Technology department in close collaboration with the Clinical and Translational Science Institute and NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Department of Population Health. DataCore integrates expertise and resources from multiple departments, divisions, and centers at NYU Langone.
With extensive experience in both industry and academia, DataCore staff provide enterprise-level support in the areas of electronic data capture and storage, management and integrity, and extraction and sharing.
DataCore’s primary focus is to provide the NYU Langone research community with access to best practices, expertise, processes, and software compliant with regulatory requirements, as well as with actual data (subject to appropriate Institutional Review Board and regulatory controls) from NYU Langone’s clinical systems.
Our comprehensive services include providing electronic case report forms, database design, and data management and analysis. Studies may range from small, single-site trials to large, multicenter randomized clinical trials.
Ensuring Data Integrity
Our services include the following:
- clinical research data management and data integrity monitoring
- extraction of clinical data for research from the NYU Langone electronic medical record system (Epic) and ancillary clinical systems via the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- data aggregation and curation of internal and external datasets
- advanced analytics (natural language processing, machine learning, and predictive modeling)
DataCore’s clinical research data-management goals include the following:
- improving the quality of clinical research projects
- ensuring the highest level of data integrity
- assisting in meeting regulatory requirements for clinical research
- enabling NYU Langone to remain competitive for grant and contract funding
DataCore aims to become a long-term resource for clinical investigators and to help position NYU Langone as a clinical research center with leading data-management and systems-development expertise. We plan to expand our current Data Coordinating Center to provide support for large, long-term multicenter projects.
Specifically, DataCore provides the following:
- extensive use of currently available and new electronic data capture (EDC) systems in the development of both clinical studies and registries to streamline data collection and facilitate data integrity monitoring
- capabilities that leverage the NYU Langone Enterprise Data Warehouse and the use of clinical data linked to “omics” datasets in research
- consultations for researchers on study development, selection and development of EDC systems, case report forms design, and the use of related technologies
- educational seminars, development of a forms library, and assistance with the development of data standards
- assistance with budget development and data management components of grants and protocols
In order to obtain the full benefit of the unit’s expertise, we recommend that you involve DataCore in the planning phase of your project. For more information, contact Alexander Bragat at firstname.lastname@example.org or Eduardo Iturrate, MD, at email@example.com.
To request clinical data for research from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and other DataCore services, please complete our request form, which faculty and staff can access by logging in with their Kerberos ID.