Bellevue/NYU Occupational Environmental Medicine Clinic Information & Services for Businesses
At the Bellevue/NYU Occupational Environmental Medicine Clinic at NYU Langone, we help employers prevent and manage health hazards at work sites to keep their employees safe and healthy. We offer a variety of medical evaluation and clearance services for businesses.
Our physicians and staff are experts in occupational and environmental medicine and have experience working with many industries. We perform confidential diagnostic evaluations for employees who are sick or injured on the job. We work to identify whether illnesses are related to work and provide medical and preventive treatment. In many cases, we can determine whether exposure to workplace hazards has affected workers’ health.
We offer the following specific medical services for you and your employees:
- medical evaluations after unprotected hazardous workplace exposures to asbestos, silica, blood-borne pathogens, formaldehyde, lead, loud sounds, mercury, and toxic solvents
- medical clearance for respirator use and respirator fit testing and training
- pre-placement medical evaluations appropriate for specified job tasks
- evaluations for New York State Workers’ Compensation claims
- assessment for disability benefits
Work Site Services
We evaluate the industrial hygiene of your work site to help your business control or prevent workplace hazards that could result in injury or illness or otherwise affect the wellbeing of your employees. We provide the following work site services:
- advice on engineering controls
- assistance with implementing an effective respiratory protection program
- assistance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance
- assistance with preventing future work-related injuries
- assistance with risk communication about potential hazards in the workplace
- ergonomic workplace assessment, ergonomic simulation, and intervention to prevent musculoskeletal conditions
- help with medical management of situations such as accidental releases of potentially hazardous substances in your workplace
- industrial hygiene programs using engineering controls, personal protective equipment, and health and safety training
- occupational health and safety workshops for employers and employees
- preventive and educational programs related to musculoskeletal health
- sampling for toxic substances
For more information, please visit the New York State Department of Health Occupational Health Clinic Network, which provides funding for the Bellevue/NYU Occupational Environmental Medicine Clinic physicians and staff.