Cytometry & Cell Sorting Laboratory Education & Training
NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory provides opportunities for online and hands-on training that are mandatory prerequisites before accessing our services, including other training programs listed below. All new users must first complete the mandatory FOCUS Introduction to the Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory course with an 80 percent passing grade.
New User’s Introduction to the Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory on FOCUS
Mandatory for all first-time users, the FOCUS Introduction to the Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory online course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Pop-ups may need to be enabled for the course to launch. Access the course (Kerberos ID and password required).
Cytometry and Cell Sorting 101
This course covers the basic theory of flow cytometry, instrumentation, and data analysis and provides examples of the various applications of this technology. To reserve a spot in the next course, complete the Cytometry and Cell Sorting 101 signup form.
See the events listing below or access the Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory events calendar for future training dates.
FACSAria II Self-Service Course
Researchers planning to use this instrument should have a working knowledge of both flow cytometry and FACSDiva™ software, including the ability to design a basic FACSDiva™ experiment from scratch. We require all users of the FACSAria™ II self-service instrument to complete a training course, and the LSR II certification course is a prerequisite.
Only two students at a time can take this two-day class. Each student completes a practical examination to the instructor’s satisfaction in order to reserve this instrument. The fee for the course is $1,030 for NYU Langone faculty and staff; external users, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you’re interested, please request training via iLab.
Additional Instrumentation Guides and Tutorials
Below are some helpful resources:
- LSRII Protocol
- FACSDiva™ User Guide
- FACScan™ and FACSCalibur™ Protocol
- CellQuest™ Pro User guide (for FACSCalibur™ and FACScan™ at Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Alexandria Center for Life Science)
- Laboratory CellQuest™ Pro User guide (for FACSCalibur™ and FACScan™ at Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Alexandria Center for Life Science)
- Modfit LT Tutorial (for Cell Cycle Analysis)
- Everest Software Offline Setup
- Trigon and Octagon Filter Change Templates for LSRII
- BSL-2 Standard Operating Procedures for BD FACSCalibur™ at NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
- BSL-2 Standard Operating Procedures at Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
- WebEx Guide (remote access troubleshooting)
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue Map (for FACSAria™ BSL-2 Sorting and FACSCalibur™)