Neurology & Psychiatry Double Board Residency Application
We accept one or two residents per year into our six-year neurology and psychiatry double board residency training program. All applications, submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®), must include the following:
- your CV
- a Medical Student Performance Evaluation (or dean’s letter)
- your official medical school transcript
- a personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
International medical school graduates must also submit the following documentation:
- a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates® (ECFMG®) certificate
- U.S. Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) scores for Steps 1 and 2; there is no minimum score requirement
- proof of visa status or U.S. citizenship
NYU Langone does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for house staff, residents, or fellows, although the ECFMG® can arrange J-1 sponsorship. Please note that applicants with an H-1 visa must have passed all three steps of the USMLE® exam at the time of application.
Interviews take place from October to the beginning of February. Our residency directors or program coordinators contact all applicants accepted for interviews. On your interview day, you tour our facilities, meet with residents, and spend time with the training directors. You are also welcome to return on a regular working day to attend classes, join grand rounds, or spend time with faculty members or on services that interest you.
For more information about applying to the neurology and psychiatry double board residency training program, please contact the following people: