Orthopedic Surgery Advanced Fellowships
As a fellow in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at NYU Langone, you work closely with our resident staff and function as a junior attending. Several of our divisions offer one-year postgraduate fellowship training programs that provide a comprehensive clinical experience:
- Division of Adult Reconstructive Surgery (six positions)
- Division of Hand Surgery (five positions)
- Division of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery (one position)
- Division of Primary Care Sports Medicine (one position)
- Division of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (one position)
- Division of Spine Surgery (five positions)
- Division of Sports Medicine (two positions)
Because research also plays an important role in your professional development as a fellow, you are required to complete at least one research project during the course of your program and must present the results of your work at our Annual Fellows Research Day.
Throughout the year, we also host international visiting clinicians and clinical observers from around the world. Their participation strengthens our educational program by opening channels of communication and keeping us informed about orthopedic developments and advancements worldwide.