Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone Clinical Psychology Internship Requirements & Evaluations
Trainees in the Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone Clinical Psychology Internship must meet participation requirements and receive regularly scheduled evaluations.
Psychology Internship Participation Requirements
Our participation requirements include the following:
- individual, family, and couples psychotherapy
- a minimum of five psychological assessments with written reports
- weekly intake or psychosocial assessments, one hour weekly
- individual and group supervision, four hours weekly
- didactic seminars, four hours weekly
- Psychology and Psychiatry Grand Rounds presentations, two to four hours monthly
- interdisciplinary clinical team meetings, two hours monthly
- administrative staff meetings, one hour monthly
- clinical research
Psychology Internship Evaluations
As an intern, you receive a formal evaluation from your supervisor at mid-year (February) and at year-end (August), addressing performance and noting areas of strength as well as areas for continued development. Joseph D. Laino, PsyD, director of internship training, is responsible for providing the director of clinical training at your home graduate program with a copy of both evaluations.
Due Process and Grievance Procedures
Our due process procedure seeks to address performance-related concerns through a respectful, equitable, and timely process. Hard and electronic copies of the procedure are provided to each intern and to each intern supervisor at the start of the internship. Similarly, the program has a separate and distinct procedure in place should you want to file a grievance against the program, clinic, or any of its personnel. Hard and electronic copies of the grievance procedure are provided to every intern and internship supervisor at the beginning of the internship.