Emergency Medicine Residency Application Instructions
Applications to the residency at NYU Langone’s Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicine are accepted from senior medical students from accredited medical schools and other qualified candidates through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program.
Due to the large number of applications received each year, applicants are strongly encouraged to have all application documents submitted by October 15. The residency selection committee will review all completed applications after the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) is released on October 1, and interviews will be offered on a rolling basis. All interviews will be virtual. These interviews will occur on Mondays and Tuesdays from late October through January.
For medical students interested in learning more about our program by rotating with us at NYU Langone’s Ronald O. Perelman Center for Emergency Services and NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue, we have clinical rotation (subinternship) opportunities available to visiting students.
Residency Application Requirements
A complete application package includes the following:
- standard ERAS application
- personal statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- official medical school transcript
- official U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores (Step 1 required, Step 2 optional)
- at least one standardized letter of evaluation, or “eSLOE,” written by a program director, clerkship director, or other leader in emergency medicine medical education
- optional: applicants may submit an additional eSLOE or a letter of recommendation from an additional faculty member from either an emergency medicine subspecialty or off-service rotation
Residency Program Information
Offered through NYU Grossman School of Medicine, our residency program in emergency medicine accepts 18 residents per year. We are a four-year program.
Our National Resident Matching Program code is 2978110C0, and our Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) ID is 1103521092.
We do not offer H-1B sponsorship for house staff, residents, or fellows. J-1 sponsorship is available through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
If you have questions about how to apply to our residency or would like to connect with our chief residents, please email Danielle Horner, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.