Division of Digital Learning
The Division of Digital Learning at the Institute for Innovations in Medical Education is dedicated to advancing excellence and innovation in medical education by leveraging evidence-based digital learning. Our major aims include the following:
- delivering data-driven, high-quality, learner-centered digital experiences that transform how students, residents, and faculty interact with educational technology
- designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating effective digital learning strategies, promoting collaboration across departments, and continuously improving the quality of our services
- engaging the education community which includes students, residents, and faculty in the innovation and adoption of educational technology through effective communication, outreach, and community building efforts
- exploring opportunities for the commercialization of the institute’s exceptional educational technologies through CHIIMERA
- developing a sustainable faculty development program related to teaching with technology, ensuring faculty have the knowledge and skills needed to effectively integrate technology into their teaching
Our staff’s expertise includes instructional design, digital publishing, online learning, usability and user experience, and outcomes analysis and research.
So-Young Oh, MA, MS, Director
Ms. Oh advances technology-enhanced education and promotes curricular innovation, including new methods and models in undergraduate and graduate medical education. She leads the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based digital learning using cognitive science and adult learning theories. She oversees NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Learning Management System, and the Institute for Innovations in Medical Education’s Coaching and Career Exploration app, enhancing educators’ and learners’ educational digital experience. In addition, she promotes scholarship through research, grants, publications, and presentations, and contributes to the ongoing professional development of faculty and staff alike. Contact her at So-Young.Oh@NYULangone.org.
Gregory Dorsainville, MPS, Manager, Immersive Computing
Mr. Dorsainville applies his knowledge and love of science, technology, and human–computer interaction to improving the medical education experience. He supports the design, development, and application of customized technological solutions for medical education, focusing on the expansion of immersive computing technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, throughout the curriculum.
Violetta Kraja, MS, Senior Multimedia Designer
Ms. Kraja is a designer and educator who specializes in interaction design, 3D media, and animation. Her work combines innovative visualization imagery with 3D digital and interactive media, virtual reality, and novel technology that advance medical science knowledge for the medical school curriculum.
Jillian Lieber, MA, Digital Product Manager for Education
Ms. Lieber joined the Institute for Innovations in Medical Education in 2016 as part of the Program for Digital Learning. Her role involves providing continuous support for the learning management system Brightspace through consultations, training, and technical guidance, collaborating with other NYU Grossman School of Medicine departments. She actively enhances and expands Institute for Innovations in Medical Education apps (Navigator, Career Explorer) for integration within personalized pathways of the Curriculum for the 21st Century.