The Department of Neurosurgery at NYU Langone is committed to producing the next generation of leading neurosurgeons. Because the members of our department perform a large number of operations, we are often able to offer the clinical fellowships listed below. Fellowships are directed by the indicated faculty member:
- Boehm Fellowship in Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Douglas Kondziolka, MD)
- Endovascular Surgery Fellowship (Howard A. Riina, MD)
- Epilepsy Surgery Fellowship (Werner K. Doyle, MD)
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship (Jeffrey H. Wisoff, MD)
- Skull Base Surgery and Radiosurgery Fellowship (Chandra Sen, MD, and Dr. Kondziolka)
- Spine Surgery Fellowship (Anthony K. Frempong-Boadu, MD)
The Department of Neurosurgery also offers the following fellowships on an ongoing basis:
- International Visiting Fellowship with Jafar J. Jafar, MD, through the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Intra- and Postresidency (David H. Harter, MD, and Dr. Wisoff)
Fellows should understand that by necessity, we prioritize residency training in the operating room. Our neurosurgery residents always have “first refusal” for operative cases.
To learn more about our fellowship programs or for information on how to apply, please contact Ivonne Monterrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.