CSAAH supports a number of research studies and serves as the coordinating agency of several national centers dedicated to addressing health disparities in Asian American populations, including NYU-CUNY Prevention Research Center.
CSAAH research studies include:
- Ongoing intervention research to address cardiovascular disease in Asian American communities;
- Observational oncogenesis or tumorigenesis research to examine the relationship between cancer and bacterial/viral infections;
- Data collection and dissemination of evidence-based strategies to reduce hepatitis B disparities;
- Research to examine the impact of mental health in Asian American families; and
- Studies to understand social and cultural determinants of health in Asian American communities.