Housing Lease Guaranty Program
For eligible students and staff seeking off-campus housing, NYU can act as a guarantor through its lease guaranty program. The following people are eligible to apply:
- medical students matriculated at the NYU Grossman School of Medicine or NYU Long Island School of Medicine
- graduate PhD students matriculated at Vilcek Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences
- scholars in our postdoctoral training programs
- house staff, residents, or clinical fellows in our graduate medical education programs
When applying for a lease guaranty, be sure to advise the landlord that NYU needs approximately five business days to approve the guaranty. Please note that lease guaranty forms may not be altered. Other guaranty forms requiring an NYU sign-off may not be incorporated into your lease guaranty. The amount of the guaranty may not exceed program guidelines.
Lease Guaranty Program for Eligible Students and Staff
To apply, you must complete the lease guaranty acknowledgement, guaranty application, and guaranty form. If you’re sharing rental expenses, your guaranty forms should reflect only the rental amount that would be guaranteed for you, within our guidelines.
If your prospective landlord has questions about the program, you may print and provide this landlord letter.
Guaranty forms with original signatures are required, along with the following:
- A copy of photo ID for each tenant on the lease, even if his or her rent isn’t being guaranteed.
- A copy or printout of your Match or employment letter, or confirmation of your student matriculation status.
- A copy of the lease, showing all tenants who will sign the lease, the monthly rent due from each tenant, and the term of the lease. This does not have to be an executed copy.
Submit all items indicated on the lease guaranty checklist together to Housing Services at One Park Avenue, fifth floor, or email as PDFs (please do not submit photos or JPEG files) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval. Please do not submit documents separately.
Approved documents will be printed copies with a notarized signature and can be picked up in person, or they can be sent to you via postal mail. Please provide either the postal mailing address or contact telephone number.
Following approval, and to complete the guaranty process, please return a copy of your executed lease to Housing Services within five business days.