Promotion & Tenure Presentation Guides & Documents
The following guides provide helpful information for NYU School of Medicine faculty on any track who seek appointments, promotion, or tenure.
- Simplified Guide to the Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure Processes at NYU School of Medicine (Kerberos ID and password required)
- 2016 Annual Junior Faculty Presentation
Materials Required for Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure
In order for a candidate to be considered for appointment, promotion, or tenure, both the candidate and the chair are required to submit certain materials and select referees.
Materials from Candidates
All candidates are required to submit the following materials:
- Funding History Template
- Format of the Curriculum Vitae, 2012. The CV should include a bibliography of five to seven publications authored or co-authored by the candidate.
Candidates are also required to select and provide information about referees. Please see below for more information.
Additional materials required, if applicable, include the following:
- personal statement
- faculty teaching portfolio
Materials from Department Chairs
The department chair submits for all candidates the following:
- letter of recommendation
- Departmental Appointment and Promotions Committee Meeting Template
Chairs are also required to select and provide information about referees. Please see below for more information.
Additional materials, if applicable, include annual review letters.
Referees should be leaders in their field and familiar with the candidate’s research, scholarly work, and reputation. Referees who hold university positions should hold a title of the same or higher rank as the proposed title of the candidate. They should not be current collaborators or coinvestigators. Letters from coworkers and former students are discouraged.
- Candidate Referee Template (Kerberos ID and password required)
- Department Chair Referee Template (Kerberos ID and password required)
For any questions or concerns regarding policies or procedures related to appointments, promotion, or tenure at NYU School of Medicine, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-263-5194.