The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can assist you in using a Synergy cell sorter. Reserve this instrument using iLab.
3 lasers and 10 colors (see configuration)
Synergy Biosafety Level
- dedicated BSL-3 sorting
- sorted cells treated as BSL-3 material
- $258 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $258 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $438 per hour: external academic users
- $464 per hour: external industry users
Synergy Sample Preparation
- Use only 12 × 75 mm sample tubes (polypropylene is recommended).
- Concentration should be 10–20 × 106 cells/mL (allows for ideal pressure and best use of time).
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
Synergy Sample Collection
Collection tubes should be coated with appropriate media (such as FBS):
- 4 5-mL (12 × 75 mm) tubes
- 1 50-mL tube
- 2 15-mL tubes
- 4 1.5-mL microcentrifuge tubes
- slides and cover slips
Synergy Nozzle options
- This nozzle can sort 9 × 107 total cells per hour; collection volume is ~106 cells in 1 mL.
- Because it requires higher pressure (70 psi), it is not ideal for larger or fragile cells.
- This nozzle can sort 5.4 × 107 cells per hour; collection volume is ~4 × 105 cells in 1 mL.
- It is best for large or delicate cells because it uses lower pressure (20 psi).
- Examples include stem cells, fibroblasts, neurons, and larger cancer cells.
- Thirty minutes’ extra setup time is required.