SH800Z Cell Sorter
The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can train and certify you to operate our SH800Z cell sorter. This instrument offers 6 color measurements from 4 colinear lasers and can sort at a rate 5,000 events per second, with 99 percent purity. A user-supplied chip allows for automated setup and minimal cross-contamination.
Reserve this instrument using iLab (Kerberos ID and password required).
SH800Z Cell Sorter Location
435 East 30th Street, Room 449
SH800Z Cell Sorter Optics
4 laser and 6 colors (see configuration )
SH800Z Cell Sorter Biosafety Level
- BSL-2 (unscreened human material or infectious material)
- Set-up and decontamination for infectious sorts are the user’s responsibility
- BSL-2 standard operating procedure
SH800Z Cell Sorter Pricing
- $49 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $52 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $77 per hour: external academic users
- $103 per hour: external industry users
In addition, use of this instrument requires a sorting chip. This can be obtained from the laboratory for $41 each or directly from Sony in boxes of 40.
SH800Z Cell Sorter Sample Preparation
- Use only 12 x 75 mm sample tubes (polypropylene is recommended), 1.5mL eppendorfs, or 15cc conical tubes.
- Concentration should be 10–20 × 10^6 cells/mL (allows for ideal pressure and best use of time).
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
SH800Z Cell Sorter Sample Collection
Collection tubes should be coated with appropriate media (such as fetal bovine serum, or FBS):
- 2 5-mL (12 × 75 mm) tubes
- 2 1.5mL centrifuge tubes
- 2 15cc conical tubes
- microplates (up to 384 wells each)
SH800Z Cell Sorter Nozzle Options
- Can sort 4 × 10^7 total cells per hour, collection volume: ~10^6 cells in 1mL
- Requires higher pressure (60 psi), not ideal for larger or fragile cells
- Can sort 2 × 10^7 cells/hour, collection volume is ~2.5 × 10^5 cells in 1 mL
- Best for large or delicate cells because it uses lower pressure (20psi)
- Examples include stem cells, fibroblasts, neurons, and larger cancer cells
SH800z Cell Sorter Tutorials
Review the configuration of the SH800Z Cell Sorter below, or access a printable document.