On-Chip Microfluidic Cell Sorter
The expert staff at NYU Langone’s Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory can train and certify you to operate our On-Chip microfluidic cell sorter. This instrument offers six color measurements from three colinear lasers and gentle cell sorting. A specialized, user-supplied microfluidics chip eliminates the potential for cross-contamination.
435 East 30th Street, Room 449
3 lasers and 6 colors (see configuration)
On-Chip Biosafety Level
- BSL-2 (unscreened human material or infectious material)
- set-up and decontamination for infectious sorts are the user’s responsibility
- $49 per hour: Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $52 per hour: non–Perlmutter Cancer Center users
- $77 per hour: external academic users
- $103 per hour: external industry users
In addition, use of this instrument requires a sorting chip. This can be obtained from the Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory for $62 each or directly from the vendor in boxes of 10. Please see our purchasing instructions.
On-Chip Sample Preparation
- All samples are run directly on either an 80µm or 100µm microfluidics chip.
- Concentration should not exceed 1 x 10^6 cells/mL in order to ensure optimal sample flow and sorting.
- Always bring extra media to dilute if necessary.
- Filter all samples as close to sorting time as possible.
On-Chip Sample Collection
- Both sorted and unsorted fractions are collected directly on the chip.
Review the configuration of the On-Chip Cell Sorter below, or access a printable document.